Launched in Bardolino on 8 December 1925, it was originally used for economic and manufacturing purposes. It transported goods, wood, stones for the constructions of ports and poles used to tie up grape
vines. Completely made of wood, it is the oldest and last ketch (sailing vessel with two masts) that still runs on the lake. It was built by the Guarnati shipyard on behalf of the Giuseppe and Giovanni Donà brothers
and was baptized "San Nicolò" in homage to the patron of Bardolino.
An excursion on the San Nicolò sailing boat is a leap into the past of Lake Garda and its sailing tradition. Past and present merge in a historical scenery with all the amenities of a modern ship such
as music, bar and toilet. Hospitality, style and harmonious ambience are the peculiar features of the San Nicolò sailing vessel, distinguishing itself also through its classical, sober and elegant style. San Nicolò can
be booked for events, meetings, parties, presentations and individually tailored tours.